Seematti’s IDC 2016 on 4th September
Widely known as Beena Kannan initiated Ensemble in 2014 & 2015 , India Design Contest , IDC 2016 is slated for 4th September at Crowne Plaza , Kochi , Kerala in South India. IDC 2016 features 20 teams shortlisted from among 500 applicants drawn from all over the world. The 20 teams arriving on 3rd September include :
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY IN THE EMIRATES, DUBAI,UAE
- ESMOD KAKARTA,JAKARTA,INDONESIA
- IEC COLLEGE OF ARTS AND FASHION DESIGN,KATHMANDU,NEPAL
- FASHION EDUCATION AT INDONESIA UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, BANDUNG,WEST JAVA
- SLIM’S FASHION AND ARTS SCHOOL,MAKATI,PHILIPPINES
- TIMES SCHOOL OF INTERIOR AND FASHION,COCHIN,INDIA
- INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF FASHION DESIGN,KOLKATA,INDIA
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF DESIGN,GUJARAT,INDIA
- ASSUMPTION COLLEGE,CHANGANASSERY,INDIA
- OPTIMUM WORLD,KOCHI,INDIA
- INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF FASHION DESIGN,PUNE
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF FASHION TECHNOLOGY,KANNUR,INDIA
- ORIENTAL SCHOOL OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT,WAYANAD,INDIA
- BISHOP APPASAMY COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCE,COIMBATORE,INDIA
- NIFT,NAVI MUMBAI,INDIA
The fitting and rehearsal rounds take place on the 3rd September itself . On the 4th September at 10:00 am , the design competition would be judged by India’s top line fashion professionals and designers.
Out of the 20 teams , each team creates 5 costume designs and all the 20 teams would ramp showcasing their creations. Seematti led by Beena Kannan sponsors the models , their stay , the stage and the prizes too.
Out of the 20 teams , the eminent panel would choose the 3 finalists in the forenoon of 4th September.
The afternoon session begins with India Fashion Summit , participated by India’s top fashion designers. Kerala’s Fashion enthusiasts realized a need for bringing together various stake holders in the industry from among creators, sellers , and customers . IFS intends to be a dedicated forum enabling open discussion , exchange of ideas and sharing feedbacks among the stakeholders.
The summit also comprises of presentations, panel discussions etc. featuring eminent fashion experts , professionals and celebrities too. At the close of the summit the 3 teams shortlisted at the IDC 2016 would showcase their creations out of which the prizes would be decided by the judging panel. Awards are to be given away by the celebrities along with Beena Kannan. The first prize would be Rs. 1 Lakh , IDC ever-rolling trophy , trophy and mementos. The second prize is Rs. 75,000 , trophy and mementos. The third prize is Rs. 50,000 , trophy and mementos.
Speaking on IDC 2016, Beena Kannan re-iterated the objectives of the glitzy event as “creating India’s first global platform for emerging fashion professionals who are in the final semester of their design school curriculum. The IDC gives a most exclusive platform for showcasing their creations making them industry-ready in the process”.
The seminal concept of the contest was the brainchild of Beena Kannan , the CEO and lead designer at Seematti ,South India’s finest bridal wear destination.IDC is also a touch point of students and fashion industry professionals. Beena Kannan stressed the fact that IDC 2016 would lead to Kochi evolving into a world renowned fashion hub.